We all want to get ready and be on our way as fast as we can every morning. It’s usually more demanding for us ladies because we have to look well put together before stepping out there. For those with children, you have to fix them up, then fix yourself up. If you are like me, you want your hair to look good too.
I don’t get enough time to visit the hair salon often so I developed the habit of getting it done myself. I will like to share with you a quick method of curling your hair without wasting much of your time . You will still look as fabulous as if a professional did it for you.
Curling my hair with a straightener was difficult for me, so I bought some Flexi rods from AMAZON . I must add that it was a good decision. These rods get the job done easily . It takes me about 5 to 10 minutes to roll my hair with them and sometimes I take them down after 30 minutes.
Some come in a pack of 10 rods and some packs have more or less rods. They vary in size and color so make sure to buy the size you need. You can mix them up if you like, that way you have a wider range of style to achieve. I have tried the big, medium and small sizes.
- To achieve the tight spiral curls, use the small rods and if you are going for the kinky look, use the smallest rods. This means that you have to use a lot of them for the required result.
- To achieve the medium curls, use the medium rods .
- To achieve the wavy and loose curls, use the big rods. Six to eight of them give you a good result.
I usually go for the wavy curls because , first, I love loose and wavy curls. Second, it requires only a few minutes of rolling six to eight flexi rods up my hair to achieve the look. CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FLEXI RODS.
How to use Flexi Rods
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner. ( Note that you can use flexi rods without washing your hair).
- Towel dry your hair and comb it.
- Divide your hair into two sections when it’s still damp.
- Hold one section with a hair band.
- Start working on the other section. Take a very small section of hair, apply your hair product , add a little amount of mousse (this is optional) and comb.
- Take your flexi rod and start rolling from the bottom to secure the tip of your hair, roll it all the way to the root and fold the end of the flexi rod.
- When you are done with that section, repeat the same thing on the section held with the hair band.
- Blow dry your hair if in a hurry but, if you are doing this the night before, air dry it. Tie a silk scarf on your head before going to bed.
- If you rolled your already dry hair with flexi rod, you can unravel each flexi rod carefully after 30 mins or more depending on how much time you’ve got.
- It helps to roll your hair at night so that all you do in the morning is to take down the flexi rods and style.
- Remember to use the same technique for both wet and dry hair.
- Separate each curl and style as you desire.
I used only six flexi rods in this picture because I wanted loose curls. It took me only 5 mins to roll my hair and I took the rods down after 30 mins because my hair was already dry. You can use these rods to style your hair the way you desire. So, what are you waiting for? Go get yours, and remember, you can get any hair product you need at AMAZON.
Leave a comment below and if you’ve got a question, ask and I will get back to you.
Be Stylish, Stella.